Second DUI Offense in Nashville
Seek Representation from Our DUI Attorney
Whether it’s a mistake or plain bad luck, obtaining a second DUI
offense within 10 years since the previous DUI arrest can be devastating.
The penalties you had experienced in your
first DUI, including jail times and fines, are now going to be more severe after
repeating the offense. Not only will you face significant punishment,
but your reputation is in jeopardy. Having second DUI offense on your
criminal record will make it difficult to get a job, register for college,
apply for a loan and even purchase a home. That is why it is essential
to seek legal assistance from an experienced
Nashville DUI attorney.
Second Time DUI Penalties
Upon your arrest, your driver’s license will be revoked for two years.
In order to get it reinstated after the revocation period, there is an
additional fee, along with the requirement to take a driving test.
- Penalties for a second DUI include:
- 24 hours of litter pick-up .
- Fines from $600 up to $3,500
- Eligibility for a restricted license after one year
- Attendance of a state approved DUI school
- Jail sentence of 45 days to 11 months and 29 days
- Attendance of a drug and alcohol program, if decided by court
- If convicted of a second DUI, installation of ignition interlock device
- If you arrest resulted in an motor vehicle accident, restitution to any
person who may have been injured
Let Us Protect Your Rights
The Collins Law Firm, PLLC, our Nashville DUI attorneys comprehend the seriousness of a second DUI
on your record and how it affects your personal and professional life.
With a former prosecutor on your side, we provide the comprehensive knowledge
from both sides of the courtroom. If you or a loved one is charged with
a second DUI within 10 years, it’s imperative to seek counsel from our firm.
Contact us by calling (615) 610-0728 today to schedule a complimentary consultation.